Sunday, April 15, 2007

Loud Popping Noises

My neighbors were out on their driveway, with company. Mom said they were having a fire. Then the fire made a popping noise. I was so freaked out, I couldn't go potty. Mom just didn't understand and got so mad at me. She even kept the bedroom door closed all night, so I wouldn't go potty on the living room carpeting.

This morning, mom had to drag me outside, with the leash on, because I still thought I would hear a popping noise. Then later on, she thought to bring a dried sausage treat outside with her, and I can't resist those, so out I went. I was still creeping around, like I was scared to be outside, though. It's gotten better, as the day goes on, and I haven't heard anymore popping noises. Mom also noticed that when going outside meant a car-ride, I wasn't scared at all! It's just when I have to go potty.

She is worried about when firecrackers start, at the end of June, in preparation for 4th of July. I can be enjoying myself, and then when one of those makes a popping noise, I head right for the door. Nothing scares me inside my house! Mom thinks it's going to be a long summer.

No comments: